New Era Cap Co. celebrates 100 years of being in business this month, as it takes a look back at some of the most iconic caps in a century of sports history.
Some of New Era’s most famous caps include:
– The 1940 men’s outdoor cap created in World War II from surplus military parachute material
– The 1950 men’s golf cap with a snap-on visor
– The 1996 Spike Lee Red NY Yankees cap
– The 2004 Supreme X New Era custom cap
– The 2017 Chance the Rapper cap
– The 2019 North Face X New Era cap
To celebrate the anniversary, New Era will be launching special collections with new designs, product collaborations, and reissues of classic caps. Global partnerships with Helmut Lang, Yohji Yamamoto, Levi’s, Havaianas, Casio, and G-SHOCK are also in the works, as well as the brand’s first circular economy product with Pentatonic.