Noelle Reno is a former model, TV presenter, journalist and fashion entrepreneur who has worked with Zandra Rhodes. Born in Seattle USA, she is now a devotee of our fair capital and stars in Bravo TV’s new reality series Ladies of London. The show takes viewers into the world of British socialites and American expats who run in the same circles, but still feel worlds apart. We caught up with her as part of our Q&A series.
1. When did fashion/a sense of personal style first become important to you?
I’ve attached a pic of when I was about 5 years old. Clearly I had a passion for putting together a look; good or bad! When I started modelling at age 13 I started to gain a greater awareness of clothes and how to work with them.
2. Who is your style icon (living or dead)?
Elsa Schiaparelli or Isabella Blow (who I was lucky enough to know) so their bravery and vision
3. How would you describe London style?
Undone, cool, effortless, quirky.
4. If you could live anywhere else in the world where would it be (and why)?
NYC or HK
5. Limited to just a suitcase, which items from your wardrobe would you have to take with you?
Nightie (I hate sleeping naked), gym kit (exercise keeps me sane), jeans+tank+blzer+flats.
6. What are your most used grooming/beauty products?
I’m using a lot of MAC for colour and Giorgio Armani for foundation and powder. I swear by Loreal Professionnel Techni Art Super Dust Volume for instant hair volume
7. When and where did you look your best?
Depends who you are asking! I think at the end of a beach hols when I’m golden brown with salt water teasels and a peaceful smile ☺
8. Which is your favourite season of the year (and why)?
I think summer because of the sunshine, parties, and positive attitudes. What is not to like??
9. Who in your own family most influenced your sense of style?
My whole life is incredibly foreign and bizarre to my family. Lord knows who I came from but my Aunt Joan has a unique style.
10. If life was a movie, which film would you most like to live in?
Anything by Wed Anderson.
11. Which grooming or fashion mistakes most irk you in others?
Bad teeth and bad breathe.
12. Cat or dog?
13. What lesson would you pass on to younger people following in your shoes?
Want it more, stick with it longer, and visualize clearer than anyone else and chances are you will achieve it or something just as fulfilling.
14. What motivates you in your career?
Being successful as an enterprising woman is my number one drive in life. My idols are the likes of Natalie Massenet and DVF who are both incredibly innovative and kind women.
15. If you could trade looks with anyone who would that person be?
Kate Moss or Julia Roberts
16. What category of clothing are you most drawn to/are most likely to overspend on?
Shoes! All rationale leaves my body when I am around shoes.
17.Which is your most treasured sense?
(Sense of being?)
18.Name three elements of a perfect holiday
Beach, discovery, great company.
19. If you could change a single aspect of your appearance what would it be?
I wish I had a more prominent chin.
20. Your ideal lunch venue and guest
Right now I’m sat at the Bulgari hotel in Knightsbridge having finished a big society luncheon for the launch of Vault Couture. The food , company and setting was gorgeous.