London-based designer Kit Neale set up his eponymous brand in 2011, after graduating from a degree in Fashion Design. Known for his work with print and colour, he describes his ideal client as “your everyday guy”. Neale runs his label with business partner Caspar Hodgson and has previously worked for Duckie Brown, Gareth Pugh and Wonderland.
1. When did fashion/a sense of personal style first become important to you?
I’m not sure really. Ss far as I can remember, having a sense of personal style has always been important to me.
2. Who is your style icon (living or dead)?
We always refer to Ray Petri and the Buffalo movement as much as we can. The book is a studio favourite.
3. How would you describe London style?
I wouldn’t say London has a particular style. Being such a multicultural city, you see such an eclectic mix, with styles originating from all parts of the world. As far as I can see there is no ‘house’ style.
4. If you could live anywhere else in the world where would it be (and why)?
If it were a city – I would probably say Greenwich Village in New York. I find NY to be such an uplifting place and I always feel at home when I go out there. If not there, then I would probably say the Somerset or Devon Countryside, for a simpler life.
5. Limited to just a suitcase, which items from your wardrobe would you have to take with you?
If I could fit my dog Pigeon in the suitcase, he would have to come.
6. What are your most used grooming/beauty products?
My Lidl’s own-brand shower gel does the trick.
7. When and where did you look your best?
Before I was born.
8. Which is your favourite season of the year (and why)?
Winter – I love to hibernate in front of a fire with a blanket wrapped around me.
9. Who in your own family most influenced your sense of style?
I really don’t know how to answer this – none of them really!
10. If life was a movie, which film would you most like to live in?
SPONGEBOB THE MOVIE! I have recently started watching a lot of movies On Demand from Sky and I’m obsessed with Spongebob.
11. Which grooming or fashion mistakes most irk you in others?
Awfully fitting trousers and bad choice of shoes are probably my biggest pet peeves.
12. Cat or dog?
Has to be dog!
13. What lesson would you pass on to younger people following in your shoes?
Work hard, be persistent and be friendly.
14. What motivates you in your career?
Getting to a stage when I can buy my own house.
15. If you could trade looks with anyone who would that person be?
16. What category of clothing are you most drawn to / are most likely to overspend on?
17. Which is your most treasured sense?
18. Name three elements of a perfect holiday
Perfect hotel room with an amazing bed and crisp sheets, no emails and great food.
19. If you could change a single aspect of your appearance what would it be?
My index finger.
20. Your ideal lunch venue and guest
At the moment I’m obsessed with Hoi Palloi on Shoreditch High Street. Their Eggs Royal is to die for.
Kit Neale has been working with Sky to create a limited edition Sky+HD 2TB box. Inspiration was taken from the wide variety of Catch Up TV available in Sky’s On Demand service cablecompare.com