Whether you like a simple and refined timepiece or a bold statement, there’s a luxury watch to suit. We’ve picked out our favourite top 10 mens luxury watches, which range in style from traditional looks to timepieces that wouldn’t look out-of-place on Tom Cruise’s wrist in Mission Impossible. After all, wearing a watch is about much more than making it back to your desk on time.
1. MeisterSinger Panagea PM901 Mens Watch, £1,800.00 – Simple and elegant, the MeisterSinger Panagea PM901 Mens Watch is designed to fit any occasion. Its sleek, flat design means that, rather than sitting bolder-like on your wrist as is the case with many upper-end watches, it tucks neatly inside your shirtsleeve. The blue hand gives a refined contrast to the crisp white dial, all offset by the brown leather strap.
2. Tudor Heritage Chrono Mens Watch, £3,010.00 – With a history of racing at the watchmaker’s heart, both technically and aesthetically, the TUDOR Heritage Chrono is a striking yet mindfully designed timepiece. Inspired by the celebrated TUDOR Oysterdate Chronograph of the early 1970s, this luxury watch does a fantastic job of introducing modern aesthetics to traditional design.
3. Maurice Lacroix Eliros Mens Watch, £680.00 – As a stainless steel watch, the Eliros offers as a more paired-down look to many of the chunkier, stouter designs on the luxury men’s market. Powered by a high-quality Swiss quartz movement and equipped with the Maurice Lacroix characteristics, such as an anti-reflective sapphire crystal face and water-resistant build, this watch is practical, sturdy and smart.
4. Hamilton Khaki X-Wind Mens Watch, £1,035.00 – Finding a balance between stylish and burly, this Hamilton timepiece is the perfect co-pilot for those needing to navigate their way through life on the ground. The only luxury watch to contain a drift-angle calculator, enabling pilots to accurately calculate and record the crosswinds they will encounter on their planned journey –it’s a useful conversation starter during strong, mid-Atlantic ocean turbulence if nothing else.
5. Longines La Grande Classique men’s gold-tone bracelet watch, £850.00 – Finished head-to-toe in gold, the La Grande Classique de Longines is a bold choice indeed. It’s a watch that seems keener than others to tote ‘luxury’ and yet, with its uncomplicated design, it manages to avoid being overly bling. Capturing the aesthetics of the brand’s earliest design, it has a bold yet traditional feel to it.
6. Bell & Ross Vintage WW1 Military men’s brown strap watch, £1,950.00 – paying homage to the wristwatches originally worn by pilots in the 1920s, the The Bell & Ross Vintage WW1, or Wrist Watch 1, is a luxury watch that carries its ‘vintage’ moniker well. The authentic military version, the watch takes its design cues from the observation military aviator timepieces. Its dial is slightly domed, the black being offset with photo-luminescent numerals, indexes and hands, and a brown calfskin strap.
7. NOMOS Glashütte Ahoi Datum white dial black strap watch, £2,960.00 – Light blue and red accents on the hands and a black waterproof fabric strap make this a striking and robust luxury watch. The ‘luminous hands and indices’ mean that, for the layman, the watch is essentially glow-in-the-dark. No more embarrassment next time someone asks you the time at a dimly lit party.
8. Breitling Navitimer men’s chronograph blue leather strap watch, £6,310.00 – With a stature of 46mm, the new Breitling Navitimer 01 is a luxury watch for those who want others to know they’ve bought a luxury watch. In fairness, its size allows for enhanced readability of its many functions. Like a glass boat trip over the Great Barrier Reef, its transparent case back allows you to marvel at the intricate workings of the self-winding chronograph movement. The watch features a bold Aurora blue dial, with countersunk sub-dials, surrounded by a cream tachymeter scale set on the inner bezel edge.
9. TAG Heuer Formula 1 Gents Watch, £1,550.00 – With its black stainless steel case and black rubber strap, the TAG Heuer Formula 1 luxury watch has an unshakable air of Mission Impossible to it. Tough, chunky and water-resistant up to 200 metres, it will no doubt live up to this image. The case features a diameter of 42mm and is equipped with a tachymeter bezel and sapphire crystal glass.
10. Oris Big Crown Mens Watch, £1,060.00 – Swiss luxury watch manufacturer Oris has been producing specialist aviation watches since the launch of its first Oris Big Crown in 1938. Inspired by the skies for over 70 years, the watch was designed to meet the demands of fighter pilots in Normandy. A heroic timepiece indeed, it comes on a black fabric bracelet and has a stainless steel case.