It seems like every year, a new model appears from nowhere, hailed as “the next Kate Moss”. If anyone is to usurp the supermodel waif, it’s most likely to be her little sister. With her English rose looks, Lottie Moss bears a striking resemblance to Kate and, after being signed with the same agency, she’s definitely following in her footsteps.
Having started modelling only 18 months ago, Lottie has already starred in an impressive selection of big-name campaigns and now she’s finished school and can concentrate on her career. Expect to see her on a billboard near you soon.
Here are 10 facts you might not know about “Mini Moss”:
1. She’s Kate Moss’s half sister. The two share the same father, Pete Moss, who married his second wife and Lottie’s mother, Inga, after separating from Kate’s mother while Kate was 13. Lottie was born in 1998 when Kate was 24.
2. Lottie is short for a model at only 5’5”. Usually models are at least 5’9”, however her famous sister was the first to break the mould by becoming one of the world’s shortest supermodels at 5’7″
3. Attending celebrity events and modelling designer clothing may seem like a glamorous lifestyle, but at heart Lottie is just like any other teenager. She’s a self-confessed Justin Bieber fan who has covered her wardrobe door with pictures of the popstar, alongside Zac Efron and Leonardo DiCaprio (her sister’s ex-boyfriend!)
4. She was originally scouted at the age of 13, as a bridesmaid at Kate’s wedding. She wasn’t officially represented by Storm until her 16th birthday as her mother thought she was too young to model any sooner.
5. Repeating history, Lottie starred in a Calvin Klein campaign at the age of 16. Kate became the face of Calvin Klein at 17, the campaign that launched her into stardom.
6. Lottie is an avid user of social media and has already caused quite a stir on Twitter, stating that she “hates chavs” and tweeting a hastily retracted Chris Brown song lyric that included the N-word.
7. Her parents and modelling agency have stated that her studies are currently her main focus however sources close to Lottie say she’s not very academic and her sister has apparently been encouraging her to leave school to pursue her modeling career. The 17 year old recently received her A-level results, and while she remains tight-lipped about her grades, she tweeted a clue on results day: “Don’t need a levels to go to the university of life just sayin”.
8. Lottie mainly shops at River Island, Topshop, Peter Jones and Selfridges, but her most prized clothing possession is the Stella McCartney bridesmaid dress she wore to her sister’s wedding. She admits to sometimes putting it on and parading around her bedroom.
9. She made her catwalk debut at Paris Fashion Week for Sonia Rykiel. However, Lottie thinks she’s too short to make a full-time career out of catwalk modelling and would eventually like to work in fashion journalism.
10. Lottie caregotically refuses to answer any interview questions about her older sister although she does admit that she influenced her decision to start a modelling career.