Created in 1949 by Nathan Clark (of Clarks shoes fame), Desert boots have become a wardrobe essential. Worn by such style icons as David Bowie and Steve McQueen, these shoes really have stood the test of time. Here at LDNfashion we’ve picked out our Top 10 Desert Boots.
1. Frank Wright have been making shoes since the ‘60s, so it is no surprise that they are pretty much experts when it comes to the desert boot. These bright boots are perfect for Summer (but maybe not so perfect to eat with a curry, think of the spills!)
Curry Suede Desert Boots – £60 from Frank Wright Shoes
2. Camo is a huge trend this year so these Clarks originals in camouflage print are great for those who prefer a shoe style that’s a little more incognito!
3. Ok ok! So technically speaking these are not true desert boots as they are made from leather, but we love these tan leather boots from the collaboration of YMC and Clarks originals.
4. Great for summer evenings drinking red wine…partly because if you spill you will never be able to tell, genius!
The Natty Desert boot – £175 from Russell & Bromley
5. The original ‘50s style desert boot in a beautiful muted sand colour, these Clarks Original boots will go with everything.
6. If you really want to make an impact this summer then I don’t think you can get any louder than these “Lucky” Russell and Bromley desert boots in orange. With a perforated detail on the toe, they are ideal for hotter days.
Lucky Desert Boots – £125 from Russell & Bromley
7. A modern take on the desert boot from Italian shoemakers Diemme, these Navy “Bonito boots” will look effortless teamed with a pair of sand tailored chinos.
Diemme Bonito Boots – £249 from Atoo
8. From British shoemakers Loake comes their take on the desert boot, the “Kalahari”. We love this slightly faded-olive colour, the perfect summer shade.
Loake Kalahari Deserts Boots – £114 from Joseph Turner
9. Another style from Loake, this time in a beautiful muted grey colour. They’re not only great from Summer, but will work well all year round.
Loake Sahara Suede Desert Boot £114 from Joseph Turner
10. Elvis fan or not we think these blue suede desert boots are amazing. In a zingy cobalt blue they will definitely put a spring/jive in your step*.
Selected Homme Leon Suede Desert Boots – £50 from ASOS
*Apologies for the Elvis joke.