It’s that time of year again – time to start thinking about purchasing a cozy coat for Autumn/Winter. We thought we’d take out some of strain and pick out our top 20 favourites. We’ve looked at everything from high street to designer in our round up of the 20 Cosy Coats for Autumn/Winter 2012.
1. We’re kicking things off with a big trend for Autumn/ Winter 2012 – pastels. This powder blue number from REISS makes the ideal winter coat and will fit into your wardrobe perfectly. Work the over sized style with a voluminous shirt and skinny jeans to even things out. £245 at REISS
2. We love Rebecca Taylor’s designs and this tweed wool design has a perfectly relaxed shape and just the right amount of faux fur. The drop shoulders keep it casual, and the fur collar can detach for a completely different look – a perfect winter coat. £635 at Net A Porter
3. The studs on this ZARA coat add the perfect amount of tough embellishment to your winter wardrobe. Team with a pair of boots and you’re good to go. £129 from ZARA
4. Military is another big trend for Autumn/Winter 2012. Seen on the catwalks of Victoria Beckham, Gucci and MaxMara, a feminine spin was put on the trend with cinched in waists and ladylike silhouettes. This Topshop interpretation is the one we’re after, add red lips to up the ante. £250 at Topshop
5. A duffel coat is another no-brainer as winter approaches. Guaranteed to keep you cosy, this hooded Burberry Brit version is definitely worth the investment, and who can resist a flash of that trademark Burberry lining? £595 at My-Wardrobe.com
6. We love a good parka and this MARC by Marc Jacobs version puts a fresh spin on a timeless classic. Keep it casual and wear with jeans and converse for a super chic relaxed look for Autumn/Winter 2012. £614 at My-Wardrobe.com
7. Another winter entry from Rebecca Taylor now with this degrade coat. The ombre leopard print is unlike anything we have seen before and perfect for those who enjoy a print but like to keep it subtle. £520 at Net A Porter
8. ZARA has already featured in our top 20, but this quilted sleeve jacket is definitely worth a mention. It takes the much loved biker jacket, updates it and makes it winter ready. Team with a crisp white shirt, skinnies and killer heels. £129 at ZARA
9. This boxy cut, double breasted blazer coat design from Paul & Joe Sister is smart and sophisticated. Contrast the Navy with a simple black dress and let the jacket do the talking. £355 at Net A Porter
10. Belted coats are a big trend for Autumn/Winter 2012. Try this bowed version on for size, it’s an absolute steel from Primark at just £30.
11. We’re taking it back to basics with this COS coat. The soft wool is cut straight and has hidden seams, Simple but oh so effective. £175 at COS
12. This canvas parka-esque jacket from H&M is perfect for throwing on for a walk around the park, and an absolute steal. £39.99 at H&M
13. Topshop have a great selection of coats of offer for Autumn/Winter 2012, and we just had to include this textured faux fur one. We feel warm just looking at it. £98 at Topshop
14. For so many of our 20 Winter Coats for Autumn/Winter 2012 it’s all about the relaxed cut. Team this brown and navy tweed jacket from Whistles with a chunky scarf for the ultimate slouchy, laid-back look. £250 from Whistles
15. Make a statement with a pop of colour. This fabulously bright and cheery J.Crew Boucle coat has our name on it. £530 at Net A Porter
16. Another belted entry from Ted Baker. This classic camel coat is in a flattering cut, a great length and will see you right up until next Autumn/Winter 2013. £299 at Ted Baker
17. All this cotton blend double breasted boucle style coat from French Connection needs is a pair of cigarette trousers and a heel. Tres chic! £150 at French Connection
18. Another camel offering from Autumn/Winter 2012, this time from AllSaints. An understated and simple classic. £350 from AllSaints
19. Another simple, classic design, but as a more affordable option. Head to H&M and snap up this wardrobe staple for £59.99.
20. A trench is the perfect option to take you from Autumn to winter. Always in fashion and a fail-safe investment. JW Anderson for Topshop has designed a rather nice one. £99.99 at Topshop