Vera Wang has posed for Harper’s Bazaar, looking fabulous at 62 strutting around her gorgeous Beverly Hills home, so we’re taking a look back at the designer’s lifetime achievements.
Vera’s well-known for her luxurious bridal wear, but her life hasn’t always been fashion centric – find out for yourself by reading the ten below facts that you may not already now.
1. Vera Wang grew up as a figure skater, which she says still inspires her designs.
2. She worked at American Vogue for sixteen years as their Senior Fashion Editor, gaining the position at the young age of 23.
3. American actor Burt Reynolds used to live in Vera’s current house.
4. Vera launched her first bridal collection in 1990 after struggling to find her own perfect wedding dress.
5. She designed Jenifer Lopez’s dress for her wedding to Ben Affleck, which never happened, leaving Vera out-of-pocket.
6. Wang has received several awards over her career, including the obscure 1994 Girl Scout Council’s Woman of Distinction Award.
7. She was allegedly asked to be a contestant on the 2009 series of Dancing With The Stars.
8. Vera’s design career started at Ralph Lauren, where she worked as design director.
9. Despite specialising in classic wedding dresses she says she “loves a black wedding dress”.
10. She has played herself in several television cameos including Gossip Girl and Ugly Betty.
Images: Harper’s Bazaar