London lady and one of the world’s most famous faces, Kate Moss has lived life in the public eye since she was first spotted aged 14 at JFK airport by Storm Model Management CEO / Founder – Sarah Doukas. As a tabloid newspaper favourite you may think you know all there is to know Kate Moss, but did you know the facts below?
1. At 5 ft 6 in, Kate Moss is well-below the modelling industry standard minimum height of 5 ft 8 in
2. In 2005, a painting of Kate by Lucian Freud sold at auction for £3.93 million
3. Kate had to buy her own engagement ring, which Jamie Hince proposed to her with. Jamie Hince could simply not afford the price tag
4. Moss had her figure immortalized in solid gold in a £1.5 million pound sterling statue that went on show at the British Museum.
5. Her nude photographs were auctioned off at Christie’s auction house in London on May 31, 2007 fetched a total of £183,000.
6. Sadie Frost is the Godmother of Kate’s daughter Lila
7. Kate was the very first cover star for Russian Vogue
8. Prior to breaking up with Pete Doherty, Moss co-wrote four songs on Babyshambles’ second album Shotter’s Nation – “You Talk”, “French Dog Blues”, “Baddie’s Boogie”, and “Deft Left Hand”
9. In 1999, Moss played a role in the British screen comedy Blackadder: Back & Forth, appearing both as Maid Marian and as a fictional Queen of England.
10. The model has graced the cover of British Vogue 32 times! She has also been on the cover of W 17 times