Fashion editors and style mavens swapped the snowy streets of New York for London town today, as London Fashion Week kicked off in earnest. Tickets got lost in the post? Don’t worry, we’ve collated the best of the day’s action in this handy Instagram Top 10.
1. Legendary former fashion editor and writer Hilary Alexander snapped British Fashion Council chairman Natalie Massenet (looking chic in an LBD) opening the shows with her now-traditional speech:
2. A model wearing a stunning piece by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, snapped here by Suzy Menkes, stood outside St Paul’s Cathedral to mark the memorial service for the late Professor Louise Wilson of Central Saint Martins. Kanye West and Victoria Beckham were in attendance.
3. Telegraph Fashion Features Director Kate Finnigan snapped gal pals Pixie Geldof and Alexa Chung arriving at the shows in matching jackets by London favourite Shrimps. Turning up in the same outfit as your friend has never looked this cool:
4. And talking of Shrimps…the super coveted label unveiled its latest collection today, including these gorgeous shearling pieces:
5. 5thhouseprgirls captured the Freemasons’ Hall in an unusual moment of London Fashion Week calm before the Felder Felder show commenced:
6. Barbie – in her signature pink – showed us how to frame the perfect skyline Instagram shot with this picture in front of the London Eye:
7. Our roving LDNFashion team capture a chic show-goer in between appointments:
8. Birchbox Editorial Director Jessica Diner shares a snap of the beautiful polka-dot eyeshadow backstage at Eudon Choi:
9. NET-A-PORTER unveils its latest chic illustration by @clymdraws, feature the iconic London landmark, Big Ben:
10. Elle UK’s beauty team shares a backstage snap of the Mondrian-inspired nails at the DAKS show this afternoon: