This weekend, Covent Garden is celebrating its position as the go-to luxury beauty destination with three days of events in the historic piazza.
For cosmetics aficionados or budding beauty editors it’s sure to be unmissable, with talks, masterclasses, complimentary treats and makeovers all on offer.
As well as talks and demonstrations from acclaimed make-up artists and bloggers, boutiques found in the Covent Garden “Beauty Quarter” – including Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Jo Malone, Miller Harris, Penhaligon’s, Molton Brown and Aveda – will all be hosting an array of exclusive activities.
Read on to find out more or join the conversation at #TheBeautyQuarter:
The Beauty Insiders
Soak up inspiration from some of the industry’s leading experts as Covent Garden’s ‘Beauty Insiders’ spill their secrets in the East Piazza’s Beauty Live Studio. Highlights include:
· Want to apply the perfect eyeliner ‘flick’ or get a natural looking bronze glow this winter? Look out for make-up artists and beauty blogging duo Pixiwoo who will headline the Beauty Live Studio on Saturday 6th December and give the insider scoop on the latest beauty trends and products from across Covent Garden’s Beauty Quarter.
· Also on Saturday 6th December, beauty blogger and YouTube star Katie Snooks will present her beauty recommendations, tips for budding bloggers and her top pick of make-up essentials from the best of Covent Garden’s beauty boutiques.
· On Sunday 7th December blogging hit, Beauty Junkie In London, will take stage in the Beauty Live Studio to share her favourite must have skincare and wellbeing items as the cold winter season draws in.
The Beauty Treatments
Capturing the excitement of the backstage area at a fashion show, Covent Garden Beauty Live will offer a range of complimentary beauty treatments with appointments available to visitors on a first-come-first-served basis.
· Nail art specialists WAH Nails will host a pop-up nail bar in the Piazza from Thursday 4th to Sunday 7thDecember, featuring a selection of glamorous designs to choose from.
· The latest newcomers to Covent Garden – and already a firm favourite of Gwyneth Paltrow – the Blo Blow Dry Bar will offer a series of complementary high-octane hair styles, created by a team of top session stylists, throughout the weekend.
· Fashion and beauty illustrator Sally Cotterill will immortalise your make-over, manicure or blow-out in stylish and shareable digital iPad illustrations on Friday 5th December.
· Cobalt Café’s Zarina Liew will be live sketching hand-drawn illustrations of your fashion or beauty look throughout the weekend from Thursday 4th to Sunday 7th December.
· A digital photo booth will be in operation throughout the event, allowing you to automatically share your new look on Facebook and Twitter.