Less than a year old, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare is the beauty brand everyone is talking about. The company has positioned itself in a beauty industry sweet spot, giving equal importance to science and nature in its products. Not only that, but all the formulas are free from synthetic fragrances, parabens, silicones, sulphates and many more harmful properties commonly used in the industry, and all feature the brand’s signature probiotic technology which controls inflammation in the skin – a leading cause of wrinkles. So selective have they been with their ingredients, that they are suitable for even the most sensitive of skins and for all ages.
The brand recently launched exclusively with Liberty, one of founder Claire Vero’s favourite beauty halls for the sense of discovery. Coinciding with the launch is the arrival of two new products to the already impressive line up – the Eye Revitalising Duo (including a rollerball dew and a nightly de-puffing repair cream) and the heavenly scented Cell Revitalise Rose Mask.
Also in the pipeline is an even more luxurious range, feted to launch in Autumn 2014, for which founder Vero has already began hunting down luxurious ingredients in Africa for her formulas. She also intends to expand Aurelia’s signature facials offering beyond Oh My Cream in Paris, the only place where they are available at the moment.
If you can’t wait that long though there is plenty to excite. In perfect time for Christmas they have launched two chic gift sets available from the brand’s own website. Choose between the Miracle Morning set including the Miracle Cleanser, a bamboo muslin cloth and Chamomile Citrus tea, or the Relax and Repair Night Time set with the Cell Repair Night Oil and Mandarin Rose Petal tea. Both tea blends have been hand-picked, are designed to complement the experience of the products and both come with a beautiful pink cup and saucer.
We caught up with and quizzed founder Claire Vero for her expert beauty tips and tricks for beautiful skin, even in the depths of winter:
– Take digestive probiotics like Super 8 that feed the skin from the inside out
– Indulge in Epsom salt baths – you need three cups of the salts and to repeat three times a week, but it will help you fight fatigue and give you a magnesium boost
– Steam your skin with hot water and a few drops of essential oils to counteract the drying effects of air conditioning and heating
– Use a facial oil beneath your favourite mask to maximize their effects
– Layer your products for an extra hydration boost. In the winter I use the cleanser, serum and day moisturiser in the morning, and layer the night oil and night moisturiser at night