Karl Lagerfeld is a weird and wonderful soul, but how well do you know the white haired design legend?
As Karl readies the launch of his brand new concept boutique in Paris here’s a few bits of trivia that may surprise you about one of fashions most eccentric characters.
1. Karl owns over 100 iPods and has a custom Louis Vuitton bag to carry them around in.
2. He owns a bookshop and publishing company in Paris called 7L.
3. Karl changed his last name from ‘Lagerfeldt’ to ‘Lagerfeld’ to sound more commercial.
4. He partnered with German luxury safe maker Döttling in 2010 to design the world’s most expensive safe called ‘Narcicuss’.
5. Karl does not have a mobile phone – he prefers to write letters or fax people.
6. In 2011 Karl designed a range of luxury pens for French brand S.T. Dupont.
7. He always sketches his designs with Shu Umera nail polish.
8. In December 2011 Karl adopted a female kitten called ‘Choupette’.
10. Lagerfeld is the host of fictional radio station “K109 – The Studio” in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV.
and one for good luck..
11. He doesn’t plan on retiring anytime soon.
Now try using those down the pub!