With nail trends becoming increasingly popular in 2012, we can’t wait for the newest looks to grace our talons throughout each season this year. Whether it be shape, colour, or pattern, there is certainly something for everyone to try out for achievable, fashionable looks. In terms of colour, everyone should be stocking up on pastels, bold bright colours and nude tones.
Here are some of our favourite nail trends 2013…
1. Half Moon: Rather than highlighting the tips of your nails in the style of a French Manicure, accentuate the half circle at the base of the nail with a semi-circle. Mix and match your colours to get the perfect combo. If you’re a perfectionist, use stencils for a clean line.
2. Floral Prints: Whether you choose for a splash of colour or classic monochrome, match your nails to a floral print or come up with your own. You’ll find yourself spending hours coming up with new designs to complete your Summer looks.
3. Velvet: For soft, chic and sleek nails choose Ciaté’s newest velvet manicure kit for one of this years most desired looks. They’re super luxurious and available in a selection of rich, statement colours including the on trend berry shades.
4. Metallic: Either choose block colours or a mix and match of colours for the perfect 2013 look. This trend skimmed past us last year, but is set to be huge in 2013. Get the look for less with Barry M Magnetic Nails to add texture to the metallic shades.
5. Hidden Pearl: Not as practical as other trends, but they are very high fashion with Diego Binetti featuring the look in his SS13 shows. With tiny pearls in between each layer, maybe it’s something you could give a twist to in order to be more versatile.
6. Greyhound: The greyhound manicure sees a round ended racing stripe down the centre of each nail. Once again you can experiment with a variety of colours to create the ideal look. The greyhound mani gives you the on trend sporty look.
7. Monogram Mani: Give yourself a white base, with a black tip and black half moon at the base of your nail for an on trend and sophisticated look. or twist it round with a black base and white highlights.
8. Ombre: This was a huge hair trend last year, but this year transfer it over to your nails. Choose a colour and with different shades, blend from light to dark, or dark to light. A tip is to use a small scrap of sponge to blend the polishes together perfectly.
9. Sideways French Mani: This is an easy look to achieve with two colours, giving the classic French manicure a revamp. Make sure you use contrasting colours to create a bold look.
10. 2 Tone Mani: Block paint your nails with a nude toned nail polish, and highlight the tips of your nail with a bold, bright colour to give your look the final finishing touch. Perfect for day or night.