David Beckham used to be known for the occassional fashion faux pas with sarongs, braided hair and that infamous mohawk! But we’ve rounded up 10 of his more up-to-date, improved fashion moments, demonstrating his international style credentials.
10. November 2011: David does off-duty just as well as dressing for the red carpet. He wears some timeless, classic brown boots here.
9. April 2011: Sporting his signature beanie hat, Beckham works double denim – but he definitely gets away with it. A simple outfit, with well chosen accessories to complete the look.
8. May 2012: Seen lighting the Olympic Torch, David Beckham dresses up for the occasion as all eyes turn to the footballer. Once again, brilliant details accentuate the look – note the tie clip and watch.
7. January 2011: Well known for his collection of beanie hats, he teams this grey favourite with some statement chunky framed glasses.
6. June 2012: Seen here with daughter, Harper, at Disneyland last summer, the footballer shows he can still be stylish while being a hands-on dad – we love the rucksack and baseball cap.
5. February 2012: Fronting his own underwear campaign for H&M at the beginning of last year proved a success, with a new collection being launched this year. The range is kept simple and classic, much like his own style. But let’s face it, we just wanted an excuse to publish this photo again.
4. November 2011: Beckham teams one of his many slouchy beanies with some chunky-framed sunglasses, a plain white T-shirtand jeans. A classic understated look for spending time with his doting children.
3. February 2012: Seen arriving at NYFW almost a year ago in a classic grey suit and white shirt, coordinating and in-tone with adorable Harper! Beckham gets his accessories just right with a complimenting tie and pocket square.
2. July 2012: Beckham keeps it simple in a black jacket, with grey trousers – breaking away from the classic suit – while successfully coordinating his accessories.
1. September 2012: Back at NYFW in September, David opts for a brown colour palette. He keeps it classic and minimal as usual, and of course – with his most precious arm candy in tow!