Harvey Nichols is now one of the destinations in the world for a luxury shopping experience. But how did it become the success it is? We’ve been doing our research and found some interesting facts. Did you know…
1. The store had its beginnings in 1831 when Benjamin Harvey opened a linen shop on the corner of Knightsbridge and sloane Square in London.
2. The building we see today in London was not constructed until 1880.
3. The store was bought by Debenhams in 1985 to become part of the Burton group
4. In 1991 the store was acquired by Dickson Concepts and renevated the foodmarket, restaurant, bar and cafe
5. The second store opened in Leeds’ Victoria Quarter in 1996
6. Sir Norman Foster designed the store complex in Harvey Nichols’ first foray overseas in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
7. The first small concept store was built in the Mailbox centre Birmingham.
8. 2005 was one of the busiest years for Harvey Nichols with the openening of a store in Hong Kong and Dublin.
9. The sixth UK store was opened in UK city Bristol
10. In 2010 the company opened its second Turkish store in Kent Park Mall.