Timeless and versatile, desert boots are a wardrobe staple for any discerning gentleman. Working just as well with a pair of chinos as they do denim, this transitional shoe will you see you straight through from the summer to the winter months.
1. Mark McNairy Suede Desert Boots, £250 – these simple grey desert boots bring together traditional British craftsmanship with contemporary minimalist style, being completely handcrafted in England. Clean cut yet classic, the sleek design exudes a timeless feel that will serve you for seasons to come.
2. Grenson Marcus Suede Chukka Boots, £190 – lightweight but incredibly sturdy, each pair of Grenson boots is made according to traditional methods. Their Goodyear welted soles offer real durability, while the sleek shape and deep blue give off an air of sophistication.
3. Clarks Originals Sand Desert Boot, £95 – an iconic desert boot highly deserved of a place on the list, these have remained timeless and popular ever since they were worn as the footwear of choice for off-duty army officers. Characterised by their clean line and simple lacing, the Clarks Originals has often been imitated and yet rarely bettered.
4. Ask the Missus Mustard Suede Cookie Desert Boot, £40 – a strong choice for anyone looking to bring a little extra colour to their SS15 wardrobe, these mustard yellow desert boots certainly stand out from the crowd. In traditional suede with a crepe sole, they’re best paired with dark selvedge denim or light chinos.
5. Red Wing 3140 Work Chukka Boots, £199 – another timeless shoe, these sturdy Red Wing chukka boots feature the brand’s signature white crepe sole and copper brown leather. With Goodyear welt construction, they’ll be with you for years.
6. ASOS Desert Boots in Suede, £40 – coming in at a lower end price bracket, these real suede boots by ASOS provide great value without scrimping on style. The rich red tone will work with a multitude of garments, from deep denim to light chinos.
7. Tod’s Classic Orange Desert Boot, £158 – as bold and distinctive as they are sturdy and durable, these classic desert boots from Tod’s feature a ridged sole and traditional round toe. With a sole made of rubber, they’ll give you a bit more grip should there be any London rain.
8. Paul Smith Morgan Suede Chukka Boots, £245 – colour blocked and fuss free, these tan boots by British label Paul Smith are a true foolproof option that will work for any occasion. With a pure leather lining and sole, not only will they feel comfortable on, but they’ll endure for seasons to come.
9. Frank Wright Barrow Lace Up Casual Desert Boots, £70 – this lightweight boot is perfect for everyday casual wear, constructed from a comfy navy blue canvas with a soft rubber sole. Contrasting layers of grey, white and beige to the base bring a contemporary feel to this slightly tweaked classic design.
10. Dr. Martens Mayport Black, £65 – with their dark overdyed canvas upper, these are a simple, unique take on the traditional desert boot by Dr. Martens. The boots feature the yellow welt stitching, logo heel tab and air-cushioned sole, which define the Dr. Martens brand.